[Guide] Using Discord!

Discussion in 'Discord Text/Voice Chat FREE!' started by Schism, Jun 1, 2016.

?

Was this guide helpful?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Schism

Schism Journeyman

Greetings!

As you may know, we primarily utilize Discord as our chat application. It has many great uses and does the job of Mumble, TeamSpeak, Ventrilo, and IRC effectively! It has a Client Application you can download or you can just run it from ANY web-browser!

The reason you may be using this guide is because this new tool is confusing, hard to understand, or you just continuously making accounts! Well fortunately for you, I will try to clear up some of this information with step-by-step guides and imagery.

To view the steps for each section, click the "Spoilers", I used these tags in order to not make the post extremely long and a lot easier to view as a whole and get to the content you want.

Accessing the Ultima-Shard's Discord Server:

When first accessing the server, you will likely use one of the many "Instant Invites" provided. They exist on the main page, the widget on the forums, and also in a forum posting announcing the launching of the server. Which ever you decide(d) to use will be fine and the end result will be same.
    Step 1) Accept the invite!

[​IMG]

Step 2) Create your user name and continue to the server!

[​IMG]

Step 3) Claim
    your discord account! This is required in order to be post on the chat.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Step 4)
    Hit "Done" and then check your email for the verification and enjoy your chatting!​
    There are 2 methods to accessing Discord with a registered account. The first is to use Discord's Login and the second is to just to reaccept the invite but pay close attention to what you click! The second method is outlined below:

Step 1) Accept the invite!

[​IMG]
    Step 2) Click the SNEAKY little link below "Continue" that says "Login."

[​IMG]

Step 3) Login using the details that you used when claiming your account.

[​IMG]

Leaving the Discord Server and Logging Out!
    For whatever you reasons may be, you may want decide to leave the server and/or log out of your account. I have come pre-equipped with the scenario and will help guide you to do this if it is your decision. You can always log back in utilizing the above steps and you can always REACCEPT the invite back on to the server (unless banned.)
    Step 1) Go to the server settings by pressing the 3 horizontal lines.

[​IMG]

Step 2) Select "Leave Server."

[​IMG]
    If you share a computer with someone else that also uses Discord it may be kind to go ahead and log yourself out. It is really simple to do this! Below will be the easy steps to do so:

Step 1) Access your personal settings by hitting the 'cog' wheel.

[​IMG]

Step 2) Selecting the logout box, this should turn red (does for me) and allow you to click it.

[​IMG]

Conclusion
    I hope you enjoyed this guide. I've seen several people who are unfamiliar with discord and new to it get confused with this wonderful tool. Just because something is confusing doesn't mean it is bad. I wanted to write this up so we could get everyone on the same page and provide a magnificent guide to get you jumpstarted. I hope to see you around on Discord and if you have questions, feel free to ask.

Thank you for reading, comments, concerns and suggestion- please reply. I will be happy to make updates to this guide and expand on it and give credit where credit is due. Thanks.

- Schism​

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    Rhun likes this.
  2. Punkte

Punkte Administrator Community Manager Developer

Thanks Schism! Great guide.

This post has been stickied.

3. Rhun

Rhun Alpha Tester

Thanks!

I'm working on getting less incompetent ;)

Schism likes this.