Please no OP artifacts

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by KenshinHimura, Nov 18, 2015.

1. KenshinHimura

KenshinHimura Neophyte

Items like gladiator's collar/RBC/baskilisk chest etc were way too broken and you were at a severe disadvantage if you didnt have one
    so please dont add any ridiculous items like those to the new shard

perhaps buff some of the undervalued doom arties, just not to the level of the aforementioned ones

2. Punkte

Punkte Administrator Community Manager Developer

We'll be trying to keep this one without a lot of those OP ML+ custom items. We've learned a few things from Shadow Age.

KenshinHimura likes this.
  3. Halpo

Halpo Alpha Tester

make it real aos

4. Halpo

Halpo Alpha Tester

Got to remember there was a lot of EM artifacts that where handed out during this time frame if anything the EM artifacts should be the ones that you get for pvp/pvm awards

5. Mesaana

Mesaana Newbie

I like the idea of buffing undervalued doom arties. There are too many worthless ones.

6. Cillitbang

Cillitbang Newbie

Pretty sure gladiators collar DEFINITELY should be on the server, its an AOS item.

7. nikzbg

nikzbg Alpha Tester

if artifacts are about to be buffed id suggest lowering the chance of obtaining one

8. KenshinHimura

KenshinHimura Neophyte

ummm no it is not, there was literally one from an EM event. it was in 2008 when it got put into champ spawn drop. 2008 != AOS
    no way in hell should that broken fucking retard arty be in the new shard

9. Rhun

Rhun Alpha Tester

I have no problems whatsoever in upping some of the weaker doom artifacts like was done on UOSA with f.e. bracelet of health, the breastplate, dragon slayer etc. Those were useless artifacts and a buff to those would imo be a good thing. The changes on allready good artifacts (f.e. AoF, ornie) should not be re-implemented if you ask me, the only reason to change those was the fact that the server did not (at first) have lrc and that lrc had to be replaced by something else.

What I think is most important is to not flood the server with artifacts again, however crappy some of the doom ones may be. Keep in mind that once an artifact is introduced it will be there indeffinately. Just like all high-end gear.

Edit:
    In my mind that is a design flaw (same with ps'es) and it's why I think Punkte was right on non-poffable artifacts as well as decaying ps'es. However those decissions you cant just make while the game has allready started. My solution to what I perceive to be a design flaw is: Upgrade dura on 'normal gear' (i.e. not on artifacts) and remove PoF's from the game. Gear will still last for a LONG time, but yes eventually it will break. But ya, that's a whole new discussion :p

Halpo likes this.
  10. nark0

nark0 Newbie

imo useless artys should be buffed into viable pvm items, not for pvp purposes.
    And items like gladiators collar shouldnt be in this server, if u are going to introduce rares as rewards on events, make them buffed "cosmetic" items, like 3 phys aprons, 5 resist robes/shrouds, resist sandals etc that doesnt make a big impact into pvp.
    About the arty drop rate I think you have to lower the rate compared to the last server, make them rarer and use the points system as a currency for a doom reward vendor with cosmetic items like layered deeds, name/gender changes, some dyes etc..

pd: Why I opened the mail with this.. now im hyped for the new start :((

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  11. tr1age

tr1age Neophyte

This is a great suggestion. Passed along to @Punkte

12. Glenco

Glenco Newbie

+1

13. Cillitbang

Cillitbang Newbie

lol it was only availible for the last month of our shard and only 3-5 people had it. you are crying because you were one of the many that wanted it, but didnt have the skill or time to do the semidars. it deserves its place in AOS server, like robe of ari etc will still be obtainable from tmaps.
    yet again its the case of a noob crying because he never reached end game, but then never tried to put 50 hours of spawns in to do semidars

14. Cillitbang

Cillitbang Newbie

lol..... disagree with this immensely - its hard to explain to people that dont actually do champs why PS decay is laughable, the same reason the game without PoF would be laughable.

Thank god Punkte has a brain and doesn't listen to the awful suggestions on this board.

Its funny, this board comprises entirely of the trammys, where as the PVPers dont want/haven't moved over

15. Drizzet

Drizzet Alpha Tester

No replicas (although makes champ less desirable),
    No ML arties.
    Use replica arties as event arties like they were on OSI AOS (non-replica).
    Mod some of the shite AOS arties to be more useful.

Maybe use blood tokens to be able to change one type of arty to another. E.g. (40 lrc aof to +20 Skill AOF).

16. Savory

Savory Alpha Tester

I loved the fact that you could get an extra item from a spawn. Spawns mostly only drop +5 powerscrolls, which makes them get very stale fast. The fact that you could maybe get an artifact kept me very interested in doing them. I'm not going to waste my time doing spawns at all for a fistful of +5s. There are easier ways to earn money.

17. Drizzet

Drizzet Alpha Tester

Indeed but then again +5s of champ bosses wasnt a thing either.

I had already written that point out, but then my post went dodge on phone so couldn't be bothered to rewrite everything.
    But yeh it does make spawns much more interesting.

18. JlM

JlM Newbie

I can see the good idea fairy is going crazy here. I love glads, didn't realize it was after aos. If we take away all of these things we need to look into balancing the game to how it was back then.

19. Chaz

Chaz Newbie

we better be able to obtain an orny, hat of magi, and gloves of the inquisitor. best mage pvp items in aos. indeed items buffed for PVM activities would be cool, would be interesting to see how you could make that come about. UO always found ways to mystify me and the mechanics of Wind where you could only enter once you had 72 magery- is a great example of a moment when UO really showed me how much I love it. here's an idea to expand on that and I'm just throwing this out there... take the concept with Haven, complete invulnerability newbie zone (different rules for PVM of course) where once you enter and wearing said arti's they would gain a "buff" or maybe they give you a % increase or skill increase in those areas. i remember vaguely farming paragons few years after aos was launched. this server will support full trammel/felucca correct?

20. Rhun

Rhun Alpha Tester

Good read, really.

The selected quote is incorrect however.

Edit:
    No trammel fel. Only a penalized Ilshenar and Doom as it was. Luna will no longer exist.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015