Announcement UOR Will Be Wiped And Launched - Discuss Changes + Modifications

Discussion in 'UOR Announcements' started by Punkte, Aug 28, 2018.

?

What Should We Change/Do?

1. Implement Instant Hit (Small Delay On Bows)

66.7%
  2. Implement Dice Hits

22.2%
  3. Keep Heat Seeking Potions

11.1%
  4. Remove Heat Seeking Potions

66.7%
  5. Add Inscription Bonus To Spell Damage

44.4%
  6. Allow Marking/Recall/Gating Into Dungeons

55.6%
  7. Keep Restriction For Marking/Recall/Gating Into Dungeons

33.3%
  8. Remove Slayer Plans (Applying Slayers To Weapons And Find Them Naturally)

33.3%
  9. Reduce The Amount Of Magic Weapons Found Throughout Loot To Make Them More Appealing

33.3%
  10. Remove Inscription's (Master Scrolls - The Only Way To Acquire Spell Scrolls Circles 6-8)

55.6%
  11. Remove Slayers On Weapons In General And Leave Them On Meta Talismans ONLY

11.1%
  12. Add Weapon Slayers To Be Spawned On Weapons Like Original UO, Remove From Other Systems

66.7%
  13. Add Weapon Slayers To Be Spawned On Weapons Like Original UO, In Addition To Other Systems

33.3%
  14. Dumb Down Mage AI Slightly

22.2%
  15. Add More Small Group / Single Player Guild Missions.

44.4%
  16. Significantly Lower The Amount Of Resources Needed For Guild Resource Missions

44.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Punkte

Punkte Administrator Community Manager Developer

Hey all,

As most of you know already, we've launched UOR as a progress saved Open Beta. We have not seen much participation at all from this and we're currently exploring options on what to do to get a healthy and populated playerbase.

Because we've had little to no participation at all on the UOR server, we have decided to take more extreme measures. UOR will be getting a wipe... This wipe will include, items, housing, characters and skills, and boats, and gold. Everything but accounts.

What happens with the previous T2A Donations?

First and foremost, all donations made while the T2A server was active WILL be able to be claimed again after the wipe. Your donations will not be lost and we appreciate everyone who did donate to us during that time. Additionally, these donations will be able to be claimed on either UOR or ML. So whether you now prefer to play on ML or UOR, you will get to decide where these donations can be claimed again.

Second, with the wipe and fresh start of the server, we will be looking to freshen the server settings up even more. Because UOR and T2A are so vastly similar, we will be determining with the community whether or not we'd like to mix in some of the best of both in order to appease fans of both eras.

So, what can we do to make this a better place, a lasting place, and a active place?

Below we have included a list of Poll Options for UOR and T2A specific content and mechanics. Should you have any additional implementations you'd like to see the server have, please make sure to comment below.

We're looking to make these changes, here and now and fast. This is not going to take months or several weeks, this will come soon. Everything is in place, just little tweaks need to be made. We have no doubt that we have some of the coolest custom content in the freeshard realm, let us prove that we are committed to providing an amazing experience to our players and fans.

Sincerely,

Ultima Shards Staff

2. Apo1lo

Apo1lo Newbie

I’d start playing this shard if insta-hit bow hits after the swing timer is satisfied is implemented. So insta-hit bow, unequip to wrestle, precast, arm bow for insta hit, target spell. Also remove mounts. No one ran mounts in real T2A. Heat seeking pots did not exist in T2A.

3. Punkte

Instant hit bow means you barely have to stop or the server things you stopped running but you didn't and it hits while on the run, which is basically the opposite of what we want. The other stuff you can pretty much do. The instant hit for bows is basically having to stop moving for like half a second before it hits.

Server will likely stay mounted unless everyone mounts unmounted, which I doubt is the case here.

I wouldn't refer to this as T2A, it will be more UOR or a mix of T2A and UOR.

4. Apo1lo

Apo1lo Newbie

Oooook then. Back to league of legends for me. Good luck.

5. Punkte

So all your looking for is a shard with no mounts? Nobody does complete instant hit bows because you can swing while running, and that doesn't make sense. Instant hit for bows even for T2A was always just a slight delay.

6. Apo1lo

Apo1lo Newbie

Some of the most popular shards of all time (UOG)were mountless. They were before scripted combat got popular and drastically reduced the appeal of the game. Scripters love to run 40 screens and spam potions on their horses.
    The archery mechanic I’m talking about is, if you’re unequipped and you have a spell precasted, if you stop and plant your toon, target the spell, then equip the bow, the bow should fire immediately. Not while running. Precast spell, tab out, run run run while swing timer counts down, plant, last target spell, equip bow and it should fire instantly while planted.

7. Punkte

As far as the instant hit that you are referring to. Yes, we have that...
    The no mounts thing we currently do not have on there, and so far the community has no wanted it, as they didn't want it when we were T2A either.

8. peej

peej Community Manager

Mountless servers are ok. PVP sometimes can end up as a chase because you wont catch up to the person in most cases.

Spellbooks - I think each account or IP should be given 1. This way people can train characters, but also this will make the inscription system useful. Its a good system that will help that be more than a rune book maker and defensive skill.
    Slayers - make it a extremely low chance of drop from higher tier mobs, but leave slayer plans in place. Systems again like this help to keep crafters as a viable template.
    Boats - maybe make the rowboat purchasable from an NPC. The rest can still need to be built, but a big issue early on last time was people couldn't get to the islands and boat were in short supply. Could make it a really high fee so its not instant access and keep them moving slow.

I think with a few tweaks things could be fun for everyone of the t2a / UO:R era.

9. Alcsaar

Alcsaar Newbie

If you're saying you want to give everyone a full spellbook at the start, that isn't going to give any benefit to inscription. Part of the lucrative nature of inscription is being the first to fill a spellbook and start selling them. I like hunting for scrolls to fill my book.

Also UOGamers was NEVER mountless

10. Punkte

Yea I'm not sure we're gunna go to the route of giving people any headstarts at the launch of UOR. It's already relatively easy to get a start into the game skillwise. What we did notice was that items were pretty easy to obtain, slayers eventually were very easy to obtain, and just that we failed to fix the bugs that needed to be fixed right away.

11. peej

peej Community Manager

That is true with the skill gain being easy, and the book was more to help with training not to give every char a book, so scribes would still be useful for the scroll hunting since you have to have a plan to create more, but the ones you really need to train with can be found / bought. Was just a thought.

I think the issue with the slayers and a majority of the inscription scrolls seemed to drop at a high rate, I would keep the slayers being created the way it is. Makes use of the tinkering skill and gives you something to work towards to complete the slayer. As for bugs there was a some that seemed to go on for a bit with a promise of being fixed but those committing the act wasn't stopped during the waiting time. With a few tweaks and additional content down the road, I think a relaunch could help hold the numbers.