T2A Server Ability to Mark Inside Dungeons

Discussion in 'T2A Discussion' started by NumberFour, Nov 27, 2017.

?

Would you like to see the T2A server have the ability to mark runes inside the dungeons>

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. NumberFour

NumberFour Newbie

Granted I am new here to this server, I have only been playing 1 week now but I am very active. One thing I notice that is lacking is the ability to mark inside dungeons. This was an important element of the game because it allowed players to have their guildmates or friends back them up when encountering PK's or sticky PvM situations. As it stands now, it takes 2-3 mins to even run through to the popular spots which people farm (Usually this is where PvP is). I propose adding this feature to our server to allow more PvP and better quality of life for all players including those who just farm.

2. Schism

Schism Journeyman

Wouldn't it also allow 2 pks to recall in next to popular PvM locations, dump on the farmer, loot, and recall out?

3. NumberFour

NumberFour Newbie

It would. It allows more of a strategic element. Now its just one big zergfest as far as PvP. I very rarely see BMC without 4 or 5 people and multiple tamers and they typically try to stam block you from leaving the dungeon with their alts. This would allow you to have reinforcements come in and potentially turn the battle. But yes it can go both ways.

4. peej

peej Newbie

If marking in a dungeon didnt want to be changed, maybe a happy medium for both sides could be to allow a "mark zone" on each dungeon level? That way if what you wanted to fight was on the 2nd level you could at least bypass the first level mobs in order to get there, or the case of cove not have to run all the way through that spawn to get to liches.

5. Nose Goblin

Nose Goblin Newbie

Lol, that's UO my man. Reds recalling into farming spots is expected. I personally think that marking should be allowed.

6. Punkte

Punkte Administrator Community Manager Developer

I guess the bottom line for this is...
    Do we think that allowing marking in dungeons will increase server pop and activity overall?
    If the answer to that question is yes, then it we should highly consider it.

If the answer to that is more people would be completely fed up with it then, then maybe we got issues and shouldn't add it.
    Either way its a literal true/false bool flip. So its extremely easy to do.

7. Nose Goblin

Nose Goblin Newbie

I don't see anyone in dungeons when I'm farming. Running through is too much of a pain for farmers, maybe? UO is all about freedom in all shapes and sizes. Being able to mark benefits farmers and reds. Farmers farm more often and reds go killing more often, win-win. I like this server and I'd hate to have it lean more Trammy than Felucca. Felucca needs a win in the books, so making marking allowed would be a huge win for everyone.

8. peej

peej Newbie

I've personally had no issues getting to any point in a dungeon, I shrink pets and run to where i need and use area peace to stop mobs. Also dungeon sparkles are active for getting from dungeon to dungeon easily. I can see both sides though for a non peace / non hide character it can make it painful. If you dont want to worry about PK's dropping right on top of you, thats why the mark locations would work. Still make it easy for a pk or who ever to recall farther in a dungeon, but at the same time, cant drop right on top of someone.

9. Nose Goblin

Nose Goblin Newbie

I really can't even wrap my head around not being able to mark. If a farmer gets dropped in on you fight or recall. Farmers kill reds all the time when they recall into a farm spot. The dungeon aspect is too care bear pleasing