Expanding PvP - Discussion - Ideas

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Punkte, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Punkte

Punkte Administrator Community Manager Developer

Hey guys.
    So we know where this server stands on PvM content. We have enough to go around and we continue to develop more fairly often.
    As for PvP, there are a number of things we've tried incorporating and adding to increase the amount of people participating in PvP.

It is our goal not to make too many "Safe" instanced PvP areas, like CTF, etc. While those are fun, it makes players wait around until queue's pop. We do like them and we like the rewards associated with them. We will be creating a few more larger scale Auto PvP arenas like CTF, FFA first to X kills respawning trap filled arena, and Crystal Defenders (multi team, grab the crystal and light braziers to earn more points per second. First team to 200 points wins.)

We are planning to eventually add in some other things as well that are outside of instanced PvP.

Weekly PvP King of the Hill
    We will be working on a largerscale weekly pvp event that will work similar to our other Capture Platforms. We will be placing an arena somewhere that is capturable by those in a Guild. A guild will have to hold the platform for 30 minutes with 5 members on, or a bit longer with less on. Leaving the platform will make it go down as if one person was standing on it (that speed). When the platform is captured, reward(s) will be given out that will turn the holder into a blaze color and the item received will be cursed for 10 minutes. The players will then be tracked by those all around them and tracking arrows will show others where the players with the Items are. You will need to do your best to escape and stay alive for the 10 minutes until you can recall out safely. You will not be able to enter a house or recall/gate out anywhere until the timer has ended. The winning guild will have their guild showcased at WBB for all to see.

Player/Staff Initiated PvP Tournaments
    This may be a little out of the way since we are focusing on Fortresses atm, but we have plans to build automated PvP tournaments that players and staff can initiate themselves. If a player would like to host a PvP tournament, they will be able to set up the entry free and rules, and the tournament will auto bracket, and place players against each other and until there is one contestant left. You will also be able to choose how the prizes get distributed to the top players or winner take all. There can even be an organizer fee, where a percentage can be taken out to the person who organizes a tournament. Staff will also use this to have largerscale tournaments with higher end prizes, like cash, shards, unique items, etc.

Daily Weekly Guild Quests For PvP
    We have also been planning on adding in PvP requirements to the daily/weekly Quests, such as killing a certain amt of people, killing a certain amount of militia, obtaining x silver from kills, etc.

If anyone has any other suggestions on how to improve day to day PvP activity, we'd love to hear your thoughts.

2. Eigust

Eigust Neophyte

I will make a sugestion than i repeat some times... feluca champions are more easy to get ganked... also more funy to do/raid so i think lost last champions must be nerfed, like non artys for those champs only ps´s and the head is enought, if u want %of arty go feluca and try it... just my opinion to improve pvp.
    another idea to nerf lost last champs is, if someone start a champ in lost lands 4+red skulls a global message appear like champion is challenged in lost lands, so people can star to search for lost lands where it is... is just an idea ( it dont work for oaks ofc)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  3. Suragoth

Suragoth Newbie

I like that,but about the weekly pvp king of the Hill... I think that you should put that the Blazed player get more dmg or less healing effects in order to kill him easier because if not... i know what is going to happen, give it to the tanky guy and lets heal him like in CTF but now with horses, walls and teleports enabled so... it will be impossible to kill this guy

4. Punkte

Punkte Administrator Community Manager Developer

Hmm. I wanted to make it a 2 part event. One where they need to defend the platform and cap it, and 2 where they need to survive for 10 minutes. It would be interesting to make that part a little higher. We can make it so landing the killing blow on someone carrying the items gives it to that person.

I would consider making it so that person cannot mount either and they need to get them out and protect them, but it may be too hard and a guild with numbers will always win that. I'm still open to the second part of this.. I also don't want the second part to be crazy hard either, because holding the platform is going to be hard enough.