[How-To] Gatekeeper, Discord Bot!

Discussion in 'Helpful Guides' started by Schism, Mar 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Schism

Schism Journeyman

Good morning everyone!

I am very pleased to release my newest project for this server, Gatekeeper. Now most of you may already be familiar with the Gatekeeper (previously know as Schizm) located at WBB- well now... they have a Discord Account! If you are unsure what the functions of Gatekeeper are- I am insist you check out this thread outlining the capabilities.

Commands that were not typed in correctly will not display any text. This is to prevent spammage of bad commands. If you feel you've typed it in correctly but it is not work- take a screenshot and submit it to me on discord.

All commands will be prefixed with a comma (,). Usage will look like the following:
    Code:
    ,terms
    ,vendor mr t
    ,vendor bb
    ,script cotton
    ,aos wiki

First we need to define some basic rules that are subject to change with time:

1. Do not abuse Gatekeeper
      • Doing so will get you blacklisted. You will then have to talk to me personally to get permissions back.
      • Abuse includes:
        • Spamming commands.
        • Exploiting faults or bugs.
        • Using it to spam the channel.
    2. Repeatedly attempting to use commands you do not have permission for.
      • Commands such as "grant" and "add". You must be approved for these commands by the administrators.
      • If you would like to have something added, ask! The worst that can happen is "no!"
    3. Abusing commands you have permissions for.
      • If you're lucky and been approved and allowed to perform such commands, do not just add anything and everything. The goal is to keep it neat and functional. If you believe your additions may fall under this rule- ask.

HELP! I don't know how to use it! The following will be in detail the commands available as of v1.0.0 (release)
    Code:
    [Admin Commands]
    grant [Username#0001]            - Grants a player permission to use ",add" command.
                                       Requires the discriminator (#numbers)
    add [command] [id] [id2] "Text"  - Adds a command that can be called upon. The stored
                                       value/text, MUST BE enclosed with quotations unless
                                      it is a single word consisting of NO spaces.

[Commands]
    tos                     - Terms and Conditions for the servers.
    terms                   - Terms and Conditions for the servers.
    event                   - Time until 12:00 CST Sunday (Normal event time)
    script [script name]    - Access script stored in script library
    wiki                    - Wiki Main Page
    aos wiki                - AOS Wiki Main Page
    aos caps                - Core Features and Caps for skills, stats, and more
    aos artifacts           - Wiki list of artifacts available on this AOS server
    abuse                   - Small information to remind you to not abuse
    forums                  - Forum link
    vote                    - Vote links, to vote for you favorite shard.
    gatekeeper              - How to use Gatekeeper in-game
    vendor [vendor name]    - Gives small amount of information regarding a vendor
    TODO                    - Small TODO list, real one is longer. :\
    version                 - Current version of Gatekeeper
    whoami                  - Small information about Gatekeeper and appropriate links

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to bring them to my attention. I welcome all sorts of suggestions for both features of Gatekeeper and commands! Just leave a comment! If you find a bug and report it to me- I will try to find out some sort of reward system if you're into that. Thanks again for all of you guys support and I hope I can also continue to support this place.

Thanks again,
    Schism​

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Schism

Schism Journeyman

EXTENSION:
    That it also have a UOS Script Library integrated! Sure there may be only 2 scripts as of v1.0.0 but with your donations, more will be added! Message me on discord and I'll review and publish if you like!

To access the library, use the script command!

3. saieshwar

saieshwar Newbie

Check out our new Academic skills videos on the left! Harvard Referencing Guide UniSA has been updated - go to www.unisa.edu.au/referencing for more Librarians and patrons will appreciate information about accessing help through ... provide resources and helpful guides for the specific populations they serve Helpful tips and advice from Staffordshire University, about applying to University. 1:04 1 year ago ... Five key things to know about Student Finance. Helpful tips