PvP Tournaments With Automation For Gold/Shards/$$

Discussion in 'AOS Ideas and Suggestions' started by Punkte, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Punkte

Punkte Administrator Community Manager Developer

Hey everyone!

For those who didn't see the newsletter highlighting what we will be working on soon, there was a mention of Automated PvP Tournaments.

We want to know what will drive you to compete in these tournaments. Would you join them Weekly? Every few days? Etc. Would you like them ALL to have some type of betting/winning system?

The current idea is that participants would pay their entrance fees (either shards or gold) and the winner would take all or we would do some type of 1st place / 2nd place split, or various tournament winning styles. Additionally, we would be able to custom create tournaments funded fully by Ultima Shards with cash prizes.

We would also have various Tournament rules, like Pure Mage, FFA, warrior only, etc.

We would obviously have a leaderboard system in place for bragging rights, as well as some custom aesthetic clothing/talismans/titles for those who at the top of the leaderboards.

Please respond below and comment, add suggestions, etc. We want to build something that people will want to use on a regular basis that will provide a fun competitive way for people to PvP with each-other along with the world PvP.

Cheers!

ralphidian likes this.
  2. Suragoth

Suragoth Newbie

That would be awesome Punkte. Im sure that some kind of players than only enter to the shard for pvp maybe this kind of tourneys will make them to enter more often. I think that right now i couldnt be able to join them everyday because of my work but if you put them in the weekend like the old events it would be nice.
    Everything you said seems ok for me, i would like the clothing and titles rewards :). Go ahead!

3. Punkte

We just need a bunch more active PvPers to weigh in here as well.
    Currently, not many people use the Battlegrounds Auto PvP systems right now either, so I want to make sure we get this right when we start creating it.

As far as the Battlegrounds PvP and Tournaments go, I realize that a lot of getting people to participate in something is incentive. That's why we're thinking of adding the currency as winnings for the tournaments and we'll be changing around AutoPvP Battlegrounds to give out a PvP currency you can spend on PvP related items, aesthetics, mounts, etc.

4. Suragoth

Suragoth Newbie

I think that nobody uses the PVP village because nobody knows how it Works. I just want something easy where i can use duel with my equipment without lossing money on insureds and the only thing allowed in that village is fighting with a custom template that i never have time to do because it bores me. i just want to use my template and my objects, something easy and fast.

5. Punkte

There's Ranked and Unranked battles. Unranked allow the use of a template (For those who dont want to farm an entire suit).
    Unranked allows for current gear to be used and is like what you said, a quick battle. 1v1, 2v2, CTF, FFA, etc.

The PvP village also hosts a insurance off arena too, meaning, you die, you lose all your gear. But thats a separate arena you have to manually walk to.

We have the battles for every type of player enabled, just people need to queue for them and join up. With more participation will come more battles, more different types of battles, more rewards, etc. Just need to have people actually participate in these.

6. ralphidian

ralphidian Newbie

I played non stop over 10 years lost 4 wifes and 50.000 in real money I think pvp is ok but I all ways like chap quests all so guilds are fun to be in if you play as a team. but guild v guild comp is all so nice set prize levels and role the dice.

7. Barney

Barney Newbie

A tourney board that can be broken down into types of fights, that be good. Also, 1v1 and 2v2 etc is good. FFA also and pure mage too, but can there be a casual one for people maybe wanting to test builds?
    If you make is so there is a battle option to lose gear that would be cool in some ways too. Some skilled dood can play good without items, I know many, be like p15?

8. Punkte

Currently the design will be tied into our Auto PvP system. We will create the tournaments and players can signup, it will pull them and begin the tournament setup.

For those wanting to use (premade) gear so they dont have to farm items, we have "Unranked" PvP Games.
    If you use [loadouts , you can create your own suit, stats, skills, etc, and use that in any unranked PvP games.
    You can create up to 8 different loadouts and switch bettween them when you want.