Dungeon Recall

Discussion in 'T2A Discussion' started by Magnesi, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Magnesi

Magnesi Newbie

Hello,
    Correct me if I am wrong. But in this era you should be able to mark, recall, and gate travel in dungeons.
    Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    Mr. Alitus likes this.
  2. Mr. Alitus

Mr. Alitus Newbie

Yes, you should be.

3. Punkte

Punkte Administrator Community Manager Developer

We'll need to discuss that topic a bit further and see where we want to go with that. Because this convo will likely fall into the controlling murderers/pks topic.. I think its currently only set that way because we have the code from AOS shared with it atm, we can set it back and then discuss any further changes if we need to balance something for pking, etc.

4. Mr. Alitus

Mr. Alitus Newbie

Sounds great, thanks for the consideration. I can't wait for the T2A shard to go *live*.

5. oRoechimaru

oRoechimaru Newbie

recall is needed to be true to the era. Some servers go so far to make runebooks not blessed. We need creative solutions to encourage non-pks to fight pks and a non-exploitable bounty system. Ideas such as...

a. newb friendly early access pvm only perks for warrior /archery skills
    b. higher penalties if a red is dead (prison, angel island breakout, etc) that make sense from roleplaying perspective not "you lose skill but nobody else does".
    c. unique rewards > maybe all the reds are sent to server wide events where they have to fight their way/earn them selves back.
    d. more incentives to fight in groups (blues)... such as higher chance for mini bosses
    e. less "only good stuff is these 10 spots in the game to hunt"... when uo was released the whole world was rewarding. have more fun minibosses/events outside of dungeons to keep people dispersed.

6. Punkte

Recall/Gating will always be in, its part of UO.

I think they mean recall/gating while in dungeons.

I think we may go into not allowing recalling out of dungeons for now, however, adding a way out at the end of each dungeon, so you can either run to the end or beginning. That being said, the reason being is so that we can use our Dungeon Capture system and have it work as we intend it to. We could have some dungeons we make a bit "easier" that we allow recalling out of to help people start off and not worrying about PK's as much.

We do plan on penalizing reds. We have decided on a PK system yet, but we will discuss when we do have plans for it.
    Mini bosses, etc, we do that already in AOS and in T2A they will make their way in as well. Champ Spawns, Rare Dungeon Bosses, etc will all be in.

All dungeons will have mobs you will want to hunt, just like on AOS.

7. oRoechimaru

oRoechimaru Newbie

well I still like "Roleplaying"... It doesn't really make sense to "capture" the core original dungeons. Maybe allow core/original dungeons to function as normal except when they are in special event mode? Please cater to:
    a. newbs, new players, players that dont macro (aka 1997-1998 game style)
    b. players that love playing, exploring and are hitting their hot spots
    c. high level established player game style
    d. end game style (big events, dungeon capture)

Gates/recall are a part of the game... please dont take that roleplaying aspect away except when its something "special" like a major event.

8. Punkte

Again, we've established that you have no experience with the customs system UO Shards offer. I would recommend looking up and spending some time figuring that out. Because the capture systems are not "events". They are a way for Guilds to temporarily "own" a dungeon and get some perks for doing so, while at the same time, telling the entire server that they are there, making you a target for PKs.

As far as Recall/Gating. No one is taking that away from you, they will just be disabled in certain dungeons. When you leave them you can recall/gate as you see fit. Anyways, the recall/gate discussion isn't close to being over. You will DEFINITELY not be able to mark in dungeons or recall into dungeons. If anything, you will need to recall outside and walk in and potentially recall out.