T2A Official Feature Voting Thread

Discussion in 'T2A Suggestions Poller' started by Punkte, Nov 23, 2016.

?

Please vote for the features you would like to see added to the T2A server or post yours below.

1. Modified Champ Spawns

60.0%
  2. Modified Paragons

60.0%
  3. Balance Most Weapons In Game To Make Them Useful

70.0%
  4. Increase Difficulty Of Finding Power/Vanq Items

60.0%
  5. No Mounts

20.0%
  6. Mounts With Stamina Loss

10.0%
  7. Include Lost Lands Landmass

60.0%
  8. Order / Chaos Implementation

80.0%
  9. Faction Implementation

40.0%
  10. Champ Spawns Drop Crafting PS and Vanqs.

30.0%
  11. Higher End T-Maps

70.0%
  12. Add Bless To Runebooks

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Punkte

Punkte Administrator Community Manager Developer

We will be using this thread to vote on features and implement them in the order that they are voted for. We will be implementing only those that have a larger number of votes meaning a large group of people would like to see this feature in the game.. This does not mean that the lower voted suggestions will be ignored, but more votes = higher priority in the to do list.

Those of you who do want to add a feature you think would be cool can reply in this thread with the suggestion you have using the following template:

Suggestion (Brief) - "Modified Champ Spawns"
    Description (Detailed) - Would like to include modified versions of Champ Spawns into the T2A server with less gold, no powerscrolls, and perhaps a higher chance of dropping power/vanquishing items.

I will be going through the thread and adding them into the polling section where people can continue to go in and vote for the different options available to them.

We want this T2A server to be made with your suggestions and your ideas in mind. It is our goal to bring you the best possible experience we can, and we'd like you to help us do that.

2. Eigust

Eigust Neophyte

Suggestion: Lost Lands Removal
    Description: I would like to suggest not including Lost Lands. Whenever there is less map, it really contains the playerbase and makes everyone play together more. Perhaps if there's a lot of users later, it can be added back in.

Suggestion: Champ Spawns Drop Crafting PS and Vanqs.
    Description: I would like to suggest adding in Champion Spawns but having them drop only Crafting Powerscrolls and higher chances of dropping Vanq Items. You could possibly even add rare ingredients. Powerscrolls are great and they would add aalot to the economy.

Suggestion: Higher End T-Maps
    Description: I would like to suggest adding in another layer of lockpicking / treasure hunting system with nice loot like Vanq weapons or special ingredients to craft things.

Thanks!

Edited By: Punkte
    Reason: Sanity.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2016
  3. Clx

Clx Newbie

Clx's suggestion list:

Suggestion: CUSTOM MAP
    Description: Essential. If you've seen what Owen and Admerylous can do, then you'll never want to play the 'real' map again. It's ugly, boring, and not fit for purpose.

Suggestion: Champ spawns with power scrolls from 80
    Description: So the cap for skills is 80 without scrolls. A +5 scroll would take you up to 85, etc etc. Make it so they have to be eaten in order. A +5 before a +10, etc. Also make +5's drop (which they don't be default IIRC) to make it a long process to get to 100. Harrowers would work on the same premise, with a cap of 200 in stats before stat scrolls.

Suggestion: No O/C or Factions
    Description: These systems never work. Make guild wars encouraged/rewarded to focus PvP in that direction. I know this is pretty vague...

Suggestion: Necro & Chiv in for PvE only
    Description: Liven up the era without breaking the PvP balance, giving PvE players more options. I'm not sure how feasible this is within currentexpansion.cs, etc....

Suggestion: Area effect not hurting guildmates/friendlies
    Description: AOS borrowed idea. To make spells like poison field more worthwhile, make champ/harrower PvP more interesting.

My dream is seeing some of the mass champ/harrower fights of AoS, alongside the PvP style from t2a. I've got a load more ideas but that'll do for now.

4. Morg77

Morg77 Newbie

Here's a few suggestions:

FREE UP TRAVEL IN LOST LANDS
    No recall or gate restriction in T2A areas. Delucia and Papua were always my favorite areas and were always teaming with activity until UO:R came out. In the current AOS server I'm the only one in these areas (never seen anyone else.) Maybe expand them and make a few dungeons.

NO TRAMMEL/FELUCCA
    The name T2A gives the impression you plan to stay somewhat true to the rule set. There was never 2 facets until UO:R.

BRING BACK BOUNTIES
    I remember having a lot of fun joining my friends on bounty hunts. I still don't know why they removed them. It gave people an incentive to hunt and punish PKs.

MAKE CRAFTING VIABLE AGAIN
    In the T2A days GM armor was some of the best for general use. GM weapons were right between Might and Force weapons and GM armor was about as good as 3rd tier magic armor (I forget the name)
    IIRC:
    T2A WEAPONS:
    Ruin, Might, GM, Force, Power, Vanquishing
    Silver was an added attribute for use against undead. I had a Supremely Accurate Silver Longsword of Vanquishing that would make short work of liches.

NO POWERSCROLLS
    T2A never had them and GM armor and weapons were popular. Stopping at 100 skill made things like Valorite armor the hardest and most valuable crafted armor in the game.

In Closing
    The balance between GM weapons/armor made for a thriving economy, people needed each other if they didn't want make a "mule" character. I don't might some of the QOL stuff added later, but the way gear changed in AOS killed much of the economy.

5. Punkte

Punkte Administrator Community Manager Developer

All good points. We do want crafting weapons and armor to be the standard. We've highlighted that before in the past when we began development of the server. Vanq/Power items we wanted to be rare. Rare enough where we can throw them as very low chances to be spawned from lootpacks, and then a bit higher on super high end mobs (like champ spawns, etc). We dont want everyone running around in Vanqs/Fort weapons/armor. We want people to RISK losing their Vanqs, and it being a big deal if they do. And to be clear, yes. GM crafted weapons was around the same or slightly better than Might weapons.

As far as powerscrolls goes. There will absolutely be no powerskills for normal skills... Crafting skills, we can see, but we can also adjust things accordingly, or have them only benefit other aspects of the game.

Bounties I would like to include into the game, who knows, perhaps even harsher PK penalties. Because we know all how fun it was back in the day being a PK and risking everything. If you died, and you got statted, well, thats what gave you that blood pumping adrenaline rush. Knowing that if the people catching you kill you, you might have to earn some of your skill back or pay a hefty fine. (This is all still under consideration and not finalized)

Crafting and Mule chars. It is my firm belief, especially in T2A, that crafting should be inherently difficult and take a little while. If it were completely up to me, people will not be able to completely AFK resource gathering, meaning, we'd have some sort of prevention methods to take care of it, and instead, you are rewarded for being there attended and actually mining. Skillgain for crafting should be difficult and require a decent amount of resources to GM.
    I want crafting to have a purpose like it did back in the day, and I DON'T want every single person to roll a Crafter to get their GM weps and Armor and call it a day. There should be a few people who excel at crafting, who drive the market, and make money doing so. Those people who firmly enjoy the crafting side of things rather than the PvP or PvE, willing to put the time in that requires to become successful.

Trammel will not be in, clearly as it wasn't in normally. T2A is yet to be decided, but we don't want to stray away from what the expansion was. T2A would be a fine option to leave in.

@Clx as far as your suggestions go.
    Custom Map is something that appeals to a limited crowd. Although cool, it changes the dynamic of the game completely. It can cause unforeseen issues, will require months more of preparation and world building, plus would just be inherently impossible given that our "Multiverse" of servers share the same code base. So the amount of edits we'd have to make to support a New Map type wouldn't be something that we'd want to do at this time. There is a following for custom maps, but I believe the following for the real thing has a greater amount of people.

As for the powerscrolls. Another thing I wanna stay away from too is making the T2A scroll based. Although I can see functionally how that would drive PvP competition, etc. It would eventually alienate new players and make it so the veterans and those who can control the spawns hold all the power. New players would not be able to compete with veterans until they've gotten the scrolls they need to compete, etc.

No OC/Factions. We are throwing out those systems in AOS and in T2A as well. As we will be updating our AOS server will a new system that will involve Guilds and PvP battles, town Captures, etc, we will also make it backwards compatible with T2A as well.

Fielding spells should not hurt your guildies/allies. We understand how fielding could be something useful in T2A and want to add some diversity instead of the normal ebolt sync run, dump, combos. etc.

Slayer Weapons, etc.
    Yes, they will be in, specifically silver. We are deciding whether or not we can do something to infuse crafting with (potentially powerscrolls for crafting - if they make it in) to allow crafters to temporarily infuse weapons with slayer properties... Say, lizardmen drop a special item, like lizardman liver or something and it would allow a very skilled crafter to infuse a weapon with Lizardman Slaughter, or if they bring a selection of items from reptiles, they can add reptile superslayer to the weapon. All these would have a limited duration and they would need to farm the materials and re-apply to the weapons, etc. We shall see exactly what to do, but something like this could drive the crafting economy even further.

Aos and Chivalry.
    I'm not too sure yet, it would need to be extensively tested and modified. Im not sure how we would prevent the use of Necro or Chiv in PvP, perhaps not castable on Playermobiles but it could be something that we could look at..

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  6. Morg77

Morg77 Newbie

I really like the idea of making craft-able slayer weapons or a applicable slayer property for craftsmen to apply. I do not know exactly what it would involve to add, but maybe add Silver as a mine-able ore, make it available around 98 mining, then add it to a recipe in blacksmithy as a required ingredient should they want to craft a silver weapon. Maybe even specify which metal has to be used to combine it with to create the weapon. The benefit of an applicable slayer property is that it can be changed to suit the need of the current hunt instead of having 50 slayer weapons in the house/bank. Though I think Silver should be something that is forged into the weapon and is permanent as the weapon itself.
    (i.e. GM Silver Katana = 5 Shadow Iron Ingots + 2 Silver ingots, 100 Smithing required as it's either GM quality or a fail, making SI the minimum ore type that can be combined with the Silver for this purpose. Plus added a benefit for using higher ores, especially Valorite. Maybe a value like Life or mana leech, or maybe even a bleed or poison effect. Each different metal offering a different added property.)

I have always enjoyed crafting, I have a mule character I'm working on in the AOS server right now. It just doesn't seem as there is too much point in most of it(in AOS), however, I am working towards making a boat to get around in. I have never unattended macro mined or lumberjacked (not even sure how that would work), but I do hope you will come up with a better anti macro system better than the stupid "move 8 steps" system. Speaking of that, blacksmithing, tailoring and carpentry are exempt from that, right?

I agree that Vanq/Power weapons should be rare, but at the same time, drops of mostly useless versions of these weapons should be at a bare minimum, if not totally eradicated. I mean, when was the last time you saw someone take on a dragon with a Butcher Knife with the Dragon Slayer property? (I've had several of these and similar drops lately in AOS, mostly pickaxes with slayer properties.)

On a similar note, I hope you tweak treasure chest loot to better reflect not only usefulness, but the challenge of the chest itself. I can recall digging up a level 5 chest (back in the actual T2A days) and the best thing in the chest was a Silver Scimitar of Force....talk about disappointing. There should be some kind of system that balances this.
    i.e.:
    Level 1 Chest - 60% chance of Ruin Weapons, 35% for Might, 5% for Force
    Level 2 Chest - 25% for Ruin, 60% Might, 15% Force
    Level 3 Chest - 0% Ruin, 30% Might, 60% Force, 10% Power
    Level 4 Chest - 0% Ruin and Might, 70% Force, 28% Power, 2% Vanq
    level 5 Chest - 0% Ruin and Might, 50% Force, 45% Power, 5% Vanq
    If you add higher level chests, they the loot should be appropriate. Obviously these balances are just an example, but I think that adding the chance, though small, of getting a force weapon in a level 1 chest would entice people to want to do them and not ignore lower level chests as I saw happening a lot in the T2A days. Once a T-hunter was experienced, level 1-3 maps were treated as worthless.

One thing I hope that is added (unless in there already and I'm missing it) would be a way to smelt multiple items without clicking like crazy. Maybe add a smelting menu where all smelt-able items in your pack are listed and can be selected and smelted at once. This would be especially useful while training blacksmithy, but handy for those that collect random loot to smelt for ingots.

Something I'd love to see added to T2A would be keeping the Giant Beetle as a tameable(or some variation of it). They weren't in the original T2A, but the value of having a pack animal that can help a miner defend was a great idea.

I'm glad to hear that you are somewhat dedicated to a real "enhanced" T2A server as opposed to a stripped down AOS server listed as T2A. I am mostly enjoying the AOS server, but have to admit, I am excited about a T2A server.

7. Gerald Tarrant

Gerald Tarrant Newbie

I'm very excitedly awaiting the launch of a new T2A server.

I'd like to request that it follow the T2A rules for the most part, however I wouldn't mind seeing a lot of additions in deco items and clothing items that can be earned.

Mainly though, I'd like to see stealing done properly, there aren't any good servers for thieves out there. I'd like to see the weights and fails set up correctly, no npcs seeing and calling guards through walls (no blessed runebooks or heavy rares) and etc. The thief class provides a lot of fun as well as pvp aspects that can bring a lot to a server and recapture one of the greatest parts of UO.

I wouldn't mind seeing tweaks like having 100 remove trap on a stealth lockpicker or whatever have a chance to spawn special items

I'd like to see a collection of deco rares that are thief named/oriented and special clothing that's hued and named specially and only for gm thieves to wear. This era allowed thieves to hold items so special spellbooks would be cool too.

I can't wait for this server to launch. I only like T2a and Ren, so I hope this opens soon!

8. oRoechimaru

oRoechimaru Newbie

instead of gimping mounts make them "expensive" again:
    a. feed
    b. require some taming (30+?) or lore
    c. require stable no auto logoff
    d. no bonding
    e. stamina

9. Morg77

Morg77 Newbie

I believe Runebooks were not part of T2A but came in as part of OU:R, however, they were a QOL improvement and not really something that massively impacted the game. Same with adding bless to them, it was a QOL addition more than anything. This is one thing that I was really happy to see implemented and I hope blessed runebooks make it into this "enhanced" T2A server.

Please don't add "pixel crack" colors to items. I really don't care for weapons in purple(or various other colors), unless they are taking on the color of the metal they were made from. If you want to put the names in various colors, that is fine, but please not the weapon itself.

To that point, will there be any added bonus for making weapons from different metals?